Oct 15, 2017
Ive been working on it for a long time and it’s very close to being ready.
I’ve been silent in this blog about it since I wasn’t particularily sure I’d be able to finish it and I wouldn’t like to announce vaporware. However, I’m now pretty confident it’s gonna be released so here is the official teaser/announcement.
You can expect it to be released this year. (Hopefully november, but no hard promises)
Among other things will feature:
- Unchanged physics, true to the flash version gameplay.
- Improved but still user hosted peer to peer netplay using WebRTC.
- Better use of the screen space, no longer constrained to a small window.
- New bugs! Which will be fixed as they are reported.
- Some missing features! Which will be implemented soon.
- Survive Flash death. RIP :’(
Sadly only Firefox, Chrome and Chromium-based browsers fully support the technology needed (WebRTC). So HTML5 HaxBall will not work in Safari or Edge for now.